The following documentation explains how data partners can request a refresh for an expired source URL.
API Route for refreshing source URLs
To request a refreshed URL for an expired source URL:
A data partner must have existing permissions to the IRIS_ID API and must have access to the the "source_url" parameter. If you don't have access, please contact your account manager.
Required Parameters to Authenticate with the API
- access_token : Token used to authorize with the IRIS.TV API.
- client_token: Token used to grant access to specific data for each IRIS_ID.
- iris_id: Unique identifier for a video asset in the IRIS.TV platform.
Example API Call
When the partner makes a request to the API with an IRIS_ID, the API will make a request to refresh the source URL.
- If the initial IRIS_ID Data API response for an asset has the source_url set to "NOT_AVAILABLE", this means that IRIS.TV does not have a source_url for that asset. Please do not request a refreshed URL.
- IRIS.TV cannot regenerate all URLs. If you receive an expired URL for an IRIS_ID, please stop making requests for that IRIS_ID.
The API will respond with a JSON document.
In the case of a success, the HTTP response code will be 200, and the body will include the following values:
- iris_id: The IRIS_ID for the request.
- source_url: This will be the asset URL. If dynamically generated, it will be a new URL generated by IRIS.TV.
Example API Response
In the case of a failure, the HTTP response code will indicate the type of error (examples below), and the body will have the field errors containing an array of strings identifying one or more errors which occurred during the processing of the request. Fixing all the errors listed in the array does not guarantee a successful request, as new problems may be revealed by fixing existing ones
Examples of HTTP response codes used by this endpoint:
- 401 Unauthorized: No access_token or client_token was provided; or an invalid access_token or client_token was provided.
- 400 Bad Request: The request did not include an id.
- 500 Internal Server Error: The IRIS.TV server encountered an error and could not process your request. At the time of request, please retry. Please contact your technical account manager with the details of the request which failed including the IRIS_ID and tokens used to make the request, as well as the date and time when the request was made.
- 503 Service Unavailable: The IRIS.TV server encountered an error and could not process your request. At the time of request, please retry. Please contact your technical account manager with the details of the request which failed including the IRIS_ID and tokens used to make the request, as well as the date and time when the request was made.